It is important to start early to prepare for your examinations. How early depends on the material you have to cover for the exam and the time you can spend each day. Usually for board exams it could be about a few months. For many students exams can be very stressful.
Some really good tips or tricks you can follow are
Time Management is vital to reducing stress during examination preparation. Planning early will be of great help. If it is a board examination, you will need to start planning a few months ahead. Certain competitive exams need a few years of planning.
- Setting smaller and tangible goals helps.
- Make a proper time-table on what you would like to complete each week and sticking to it is vital, this will help reduce stress and improve productivity.
Take help when things are difficult. Use the available resources.
- There are different resources available online to study so it can be used.
- Take help from your classmates, teachers and parents.
- It always helps to be in touch with friends but at the same time, ensure not to while away too much time in leisure activities.
Take care of yourself.
- Regular exercise is essential. Spend time in exercising.
- Eating the right kind of foods and avoiding foods that are not healthy. Too much snacking and too much coffee is not helpful.
- Have regular sleep habits. You need about six to eight hours of sleep.
- See that you get the required rest.
Celebrating small victories along the way and being kind to yourself can help you feel more motivated and less stressed. When you complete the small goals, reward yourself.
If the stress and pressure become too overwhelming, students should consider seeking professional help from a counselor, therapist, or psychologist. It is important to seek professional help when required. They will help to reduce your stress and put you back on track to your pursuit.