Terms & Conditions
The position at our organization is that of a volunteer, and neither the organization nor the volunteer intend any employment or contractual relationship to be created, i.e., you are not an employee, independent contractor, or consultant at the organization.
If this changes at any time and there is a possibility that you might undertake paid work for the organization or be involved in vocational training, the organization will discuss this with you and document the arrangement in a formal employment contract, contract for services, or other arrangement.
What Can You Expect When Volunteering at the Organization?
The organization values the volunteers and will endeavor to provide you with:
- A description, written or verbal, of your position so you understand your role and the tasksyou’re authorized to do
- A safe environment in which to perform your role.
- Respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential.
- A supervisor, so that you have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback.
The organization expects all volunteers should:
- Support the organization‘s goals and objectives and do everything in their power to promote and achieve them.
- Only undertake duties you’re authorized to carry out, and always operate under the direction and supervision of nominated staff or obey reasonable directions and instructions.
- Understand and comply with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Behave appropriately and courteously to all staff, students, and any other party or parties.
- You must agree to maintain the confidentiality of the organization.
- You understand that all activities and reporting conducted while volunteering are associated with the organization and must be mentioned and credited in all media presentations, including but not limited to written articles, television, or film.
- Any publicity in association with this project must be approved directly through the organization’s communications department. Do not speak with the media unless authorized first by the organization.
- You must provide the organization with a copy of any pictures taken at organization-related events.
- You must agree not to post any photos, videos, or writing on the internet that is organization-related (including Facebook and personal blogs). This does not include sharing or linking media content that originated from the organization (e.g., sharing the organization’s Facebook post or photo).
- Notify the organization in due time if you wish to change the nature of your contribution.
- Be open and honest in all their dealings with the organization.
- Comply with local laws at all times.
As per the conditions of volunteering, you give permission to the organization to conduct a background check on you, which may include a review of sex offender registries, child abuse records, and criminal activity records. You understand that, if appointed, your position is conditional upon the organization receiving no inappropriate information on your background. You hereby agree to hold harmless the organization, the employees and volunteers thereof, or any person or organization that may provide such information.
If you have accepted the above terms and conditions, kindly sign in the space allotted below and send a scanned copy of the form to us at: email@example.com.