A panic attack is an intense wave of anxiety, A panic attack may be a one-time occurrence, although many people experience repeat episodes.
In a survey conducted in India last year, 65% of children under the age of 20 said that they were ready to give up food and sleep to play online games. On an average, a child spends more than 2–3 hours/day playing online games, which is 21 hours/week.
How online gaming addiction is affecting Children:
- Obesity in children is increasing
- Children’s sleep pattern has deteriorated
- Children who play online games do not indulge in other activities, They isolate themselves ignoring their studies.
- Children feel less hungry due to playing excessive online games
- Sometimes children tend to get irritated when they lose in the game & might fall into depression.
- Due to excessive violence in online games, they get attracted to violence.
How can you help?
- From a younger age, kids must be taught to have the right kind of balance in various part of their lives.
- Identifying and stimulating the creative side of children can help counter such problems and behaviour.
- Involve the children in sports, creative activities and their areas of interest need to be encouraged.
- Parents should be role models & need to have consistent conversations with children to make them realise the harm caused by getting addicted to online games.
- On regular basis, you may counsel the children.
If you or anyone you know needs help contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org