How online gaming addiction is affecting children:
- Obesity in children is increasing.
- Children’s sleep patterns have deteriorated.
- Children who play online games do not indulge in other activities. They isolate themselves, ignoring their studies.
- Children feel less hungry due to playing excessive online games.
- Sometimes children tend to get irritated when they lose in the game and might fall into depression.
- Due to excessive violence in online games, they get attracted to violence.
How can you help?
- From a young age, kids must be taught to have the right kind of balance in various parts of their lives.
- Identifying and stimulating the creative side of children can help counter such problems and behaviours.
- Involve the children in sports and creative activities, and their areas of interest need to be encouraged.
- Parents should be role models and need to have consistent conversations with children to make them realise the harm caused by getting addicted to online games.
- On a regular basis, you may counsel the children.