Have you ever felt like getting into a comfortable space or going into an imaginary shell to hide from all the fear and feeling of anxiety. This is normal when we feel emotionally down. But when it comes to people who have been suffering from these feelings on a daily basis and in an amplified manner, there comes a problem or psychological issue.
This is commonly known as “Social Anxiety” where a person feels like running away out of fear. There is lack in confidence, inability to handle relationships and impairment of performing everyday tasks due to excessive sense of worrying.
- Avoid asking people for help – When you notice yourself hesitating to ask for help or seek help from people around you, you feel anxious which will make you avoid asking for help especially when you need help the most.
- Not showing your true self– You know yourself better than anyone else does, being among a gathering you make sure not to show your true self for many reasons like you might be scared of being judged, or accepted.
- Avoid spaces where you can’t easily hide – You tend you experience this especially when it is a large gathering where there are too many people and less space to have some time alone away from the people.
- Feeling anxious and fearful in social situations – If you find yourself feeling anxious and scared when you have to introduce yourself, or maybe shake hands with a known person when you have to be around people who make you feel awkward.
- Making excuses to skip meetings – Making excuses is the number one thing you do to avoid social situations for various reasons. you are afraid of Interacting with unfamiliar people or strangers, Entering a room in which people are already seated are signs of social anxiety disorder.
- Being extremely aware of how to behave – Fear of situations in which you may be judged negatively, Worry about embarrassing or humiliating yourself, Intense fear of interacting or talking with strangers, Fear that others will notice that you look anxious, Fear of physical symptoms that may cause you embarrassment, such as blushing, sweating, trembling or having a shaky voice, may flare up if you’re facing a lot of changes, stress or demands in your life.
If you or anyone you know needs help contact us: email@example.com