Terms and Conditions
We at Ananth Jeevan recognize and value collaboration as a primary principle needed to address mental health issues.
We invite you to be a part of our mission by joining us as a Counsellor.
As a counselling partner, you should be willing to commit a few hours of your time voluntarily to counsel people in need.
Once you have partnered with us as a counsellor you will be needed to undergo a short training program and on completion of the training, you will be allocated as a counsellor on need basis.
Terms and Conditions for a Counsellor:
- As a counselling partner, you should be willing to commit a few hours of your time voluntarily to counsel people in need.
- On the completion of the training program is when you will be allowed or allotted a Counselee on need basis.
- You will share all your details on the form shared on the website, the form should be filled which will allow us to understand you a little better, we will then look into the needful and reach out to you.
- The team at Ananth Jeevan will connect you with a counsellee as and when the need arises.
- At all times you must try to keep the details of the counsellee and the discussion points confidentially.
- The counsellor should have probing skills, conflict resolution skills.
- As a counselor, you also need to demonstrate an open and accepting attitude towards your clients. We need to accept them as they are and want to help them heal.
- You are not authorized to share the details of the counselee to any private or third party, failing which you will be liable to legal action.
- Counselors should maintain boundaries around contact outside of sessions.
- The verification of mobile number and / or the email shall be compulsory without which the Company will not create a Counsellor Account.
- You agree that your use of the Site and System is subject to verification by us of your identity, qualifications, documents and credentials as a Counsellor.
- You hereby agree that you will implement and maintain appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, and reasonable and appropriate security precautions to protect the User Information or any other System information, from any unauthorized use or access.
- You will immediately notify us of any breach or suspected breach of the security of the System of which you become aware, or any unauthorized use or disclosure of information within or obtained from the System, and you will take such action to mitigate the breach or suspected breach as we may direct, and will cooperate with us in investigating and mitigating such breach.
- You shall be solely liable for your dealings and interaction with counsellee or user, his/her representatives or affiliates.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The use of the Online Counselling Services by a person (you) is subject to these terms of service. These terms of service contain important information, including warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability. Your use of the Online Counselling Services constitutes acceptance of these terms of service.
Limitation of liability
Ananth Jeevan excludes all liability for any loss, damage, claim, cost or expense whatsoever arising out of or in connection with these terms, the Counselling Website, the content of the Counselling Website and the Online Counselling Services.
Access and communication
Ananth Jeevan does not warrant that you will have continuous access to the Online Counselling Services. Ananth Jeevan will not be liable in the event that the Counselling Website is unavailable to you due to computer downtime attributable to malfunctions, upgrades, preventative or remedial maintenance activities or interruption in telecommunications supply. You are reminded that if the Online Counselling Services are unavailable, you may access counselling services by emailing us at : email@example.com
You acknowledge that you are providing your Personal Information out of your free will, either directly to Ananth Jeevan or through a third-party or your organisation. You have the option to not provide us the personal information sought to be collected. You will also have an option to withdraw your consent at any point, provided such withdrawal of consent is intimated to us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notwithstanding this, if you are accessing our website through a third-party or your organisation, you will have an option to withdraw your consent at any point, provided you explicitly inform the third party or your organisation about such withdrawal of consent in writing, who would then inform us to take the appropriate action.
If you do not provide us with your Personal Information or if you withdraw the consent at any point in time, we shall have the option to not fulfill the purposes for which the said Personal Information was sought and we may restrict your use of the platform.
Confidentiality is an integral part of counselling and is seen as essential to ensuring the Counselee’s sense of safety. The counselling process encourages the Counselee to be as open and honest as possible and inevitably personal experiences and sensitive information is disclosed. It is vital therefore that the Counselee can trust that everything discussed will remain completely confidential. All information will remain confidential unless both the Counselee and Counsellor agree to discuss something with a third party. The only circumstance where confidentiality might be broken would be if there was a serious risk to the Counselee’s life or if another person’s life was at risk; alternatively, in the rare instance where the Counsellor was liable to civil or criminal court proceedings if they did not disclose Counselee information. If at all possible this would be discussed at length with the Counselee beforehand and everything would be done to safeguard Counselee confidentiality despite.
Handling of personal information
Ananth Jeevan holds all records securely and ensures the utmost confidentiality in the treatment of any information held about its Counselees. No information will be disclosed without the Counselee’s written permission, except under certain rare legal circumstances (e.g. Child Protection). We have an access to Records policy and comply with the Data Protection Act 1988.
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Identify and reach you;
- Assist you in scheduling appointments, remind you of upcoming or follow-up appointments, as well as cancelled appointments.
- Provide you with further information, products and services and newsletters.
- Better understand users’ needs and interests.
- Personalise your experience.
- Run statistical research (such research will only use your information in an anonymous way and cannot be linked back to you)
- Detect and protect us against error, fraud, and other criminal activity.
- Make disclosures as may be required under applicable law.
- Improve our website, mobile application(s) in order to better serve you.
- Allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- Run a contest, promotion, survey or other site, mobile application feature.
The position at our Organization is a volunteer position, and neither the Organization or the Volunteer intend any employment or contractual relationship to be created i.e. you are not an employee, independent
contractor or consultant at the Organization.
If this changes at any time, and there is a possibility that you might undertake paid work for the Organization or be involved in vocational training, the Organization will discuss this with you and document the arrangement in a formal employment contract, contract for services or other arrangement.
What You Can Expect When Volunteering at the Organization
The Organization values its volunteers and will endeavour to provide you with:
● Description, written or verbal, of your position so you understand your role and the tasks
you’re authorized to do
A safe environment in which to perform your role.
Respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential
● A supervisor, so that you have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback.
What the Organization Expects From its Volunteers
The Organization expects that all Volunteers will:
● Support the Organization‘s goals and objectives and do everything in their power topromote and achieve them
● Only undertake duties you’re authorized to carry out and always operate under the direction and supervision of nominated staff or and obey reasonable directions and instructions
● Understand and comply with the Organization’s policies and procedures
● Behave appropriately and courteously to all staff, students and any other party or parties
the Organization has relations with
● Notify the organization, in due time, if you wish to change the nature of your contribution
● Be open and honest in all their dealings with the organization
● Comply with local laws at all times
You must agree to the following
1) You must agree to maintain the confidential information of the organization.
2) You understand that all activities and reporting conducted while volunteering is associated with
the Organization and must be mentioned and credited in all media presentations, including but not specific to written articles, television, or film.
3) Any publicity in association with this project must be approved directly through the Organization’s communications department. Do not speak with media unless authorized first by the Organization.
4) You must provide the Organization with a copy of any pictures taken at the Organization related events.
5) You must agree not to post any photos, video or writing on the internet that is Organization-related (including Facebook, personal blogs). This does not include sharing or linking media content that originated from the Organization (e.g. sharing the Organization’s Facebook post/photo).
As a condition of volunteering, you give permission to the Organization to conduct a background check on you, which may include a review of sex offender registries, child abuse, and criminal activity records. You understand that, if appointed, your position is conditional upon the Organization receiving no inappropriate information on your background. You hereby agree to hold harmless from liability to the Organization, the employees and volunteers thereof, or any person or organization that may provide such information.